Every now and then, we come across an artist whose work naturally fits Abel's palette of custom finishes. This time, that artist is Casey Underwood. Each of these original designs was created to correspond with a specific model in the Abel lineup. Individually laser engraved, and put through a proprietary polishing/texturizing process, these reels feature an innovative, first of its kind finish.
Based on the SDS (Sealed Drag Salt), the SDF (Sealed Drag Fresh) is a scaled-down version of the award-winning saltwater titan featuring similar porting and a stainless steel / carbon fluoropolymer drag system. The SDF boasts an enormous amount of drag, an adjustment range almost three times greater than its predecessor, and virtually zero start up inertia.
We took what was learned from our SDS design, made sure to include the unmistakable Abel fit and finish, and created the best freshwater reel we have ever seen.Features:
- User convertible retrieval system
- Large arbor increases line retrieval rate and reduces line memory
- Almost a full ounce lighter than the original SD
- Drag pressure ranges from zero to an amazing 10 pounds
- Incredibly wide range of drag adjustment from zero to max
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Quick change spool
- Made in USA
- Only a simulation. Actual product may vary in appearance and color.