We love being outside. It's not uncommon to find us fishing, hiking, biking, or floating down the river. We are fortunate to be based in Montrose, Colorado where outdoor activities are abundant throughout all seasons.
We appreciate and value our customers and strive to provide high-quality products and excellent service.
Meet the Team
Ed Leviness – Co-owner
Ed's fishing journey began when he was 8 years old and decided to try fishing in a canal near his house in Florida. After catching a few bass, he was hooked. He continued his time on the water when he moved to Pennsylvania, and it was only natural to try fly fishing when he moved to Colorado. Fly fishing became a genuine passion for Ed because it combined the enjoyment of fishing with being outdoors in the water. In combination with being on the river, Ed started tying his own flies. He found fly tying to be engaging and gratifying. He would spend hours in front of a fly tying vise perfecting flies for his next fishing adventure. He was approached by a machine shop, that made the fly tying vise that he used, to sell their vises. Without hesitation, Ed began sharing his knowledge and selling vises to fellow anglers. Over time, Ed expanded the shop's product offerings and grew lifelong friendships in fly fishing. Ed finds it most rewarding to help new and experienced anglers, alike, with their fly fishing queries and determine the right gear for their fly fishing needs. To date, Ed's most memorable fishing adventure was in Alaska where he caught a 30-inch rainbow on the Kenai.
Michelle Bangert – Co-owner
Michelle's enjoyment of fishing started at a young age when she would troll for bass and walleye with her dad and grandpa in Nebraska and Kansas. She can remember spending an entire day sitting in the boat waiting for a bite. When not fishing in a boat, Michelle enjoyed fishing at her parents nearby bass pond. When Michelle moved to Colorado, fly fishing was on the list of activities to try in the mountains. Michelle found her time on the river to be peaceful and reminiscent of her childhood. She enjoyed being outdoors and refining her casting and setting skills. She began participating in women’s fly fishing clinics and found other newcomers that enjoyed fly fishing as much as she did. Michelle became a promoter for newcomers in fly fishing and joined the shop in 2016. Michelle's most memorable fishing adventure was in North Park, Colorado where she caught 24-inch brown trout.
Large Inventory, Great Selection
We take pride in our inventory and pleased to offer our customers a wide selection of fly fishing gear, accessories and fly tying supplies. With over 10,000 SKUs, we bring together the best brands and insider product knowledge to provide customers with excellent choices.
Price Match Guarantee
We consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices and will match the price of key online and local retailers. Our goal is to make sure customers feel satisfied with the price paid without sacrificing experience and quality.
Price Match Guarantee:
- We will match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Ed's Fly Shop then find the identical item for less with an online competitor or local retailer. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or within 7 days after purchase.
- If you find a current lower price within 7 days after purchase, just provide proof, and we will adjust your payment to the lower price, upon request. Ed's Fly Shop store price matches and adjustments can be completed in the store. EdsFlyShop.com price matches and adjustments can be completed by calling (970) 372-2395 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines and Limitations:
- The price for an item must be listed and valid at the time of match. We reserve the right to verify a competitor's advertised price and the availability of the item. If Ed's Fly Shop is not able to verify the lower price, we may decline the request.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock at the time of the Price Match for approved online competitors.
- Please provide the entire printed ad, or show the online price or digital version of the ad on your mobile device for proof of price. Original receipts or packing slips are required for price adjustments after purchase.
- We reserve the right to limit price quantities of price matches per identical item per guest for local and/or online competitor matches.