When targeting stripers or other cold to cold-ish water predators, you need a line that is not only agressive in the taper, but also tough as nails to withstand the abuse of some challenging environments. Or better yet, how about a line that can withstand all environments from cold to tropical?
The Sniper line is born from our long-time favorite 40+ family of lines. The front taper has been shortened and the tip made thicker for turning over some big, heavy, meaty flies. Its belly and rear taper design like all of our 40+ family lines are dialed for easy distance casting. This all new 4 Season Sniper line features a running line for withstanding any climate you may find yourself in – most importantly, they can survive the brutal heat of a sun-baked boat deck in the summer.
Available in 8wt to 10wt, and in multiple densities: floating, intermediate, sink 3, sink 7 and a custom cut sink tip version.
- Front loops: Front (tip section) loops are included on floating and intermediate lines. Sink 7 does not include a front loop.
- Tip & Front Taper: Moderate front taper for casting smaller to moderately large and heavy flies.
- Belly: The mid length belly is long enough for mid to longer length casts, but short enough to be easily manageable.
- Rear Taper: The short rear taper helps generate maximum line speed and helps with easy loading for quick casts.
- Running line: Floating line: features a floating running line. Intermediate: Features an intermediate running line. Sink 6: features a sinking running line.