When the water temp drops, standard saltwater lines will stiffen up and become difficult to cast and manage. Anglers after stripers and other inshore cold saltwater species need a line that stays manageable even when the temps drop.
With its moderate overall taper and mid-length belly, the Ridge Striper is a highly versatile line for all cold inshore use. It’s powerful enough to turn over heavier flies, but not so aggressive that it crashes down on top of the more skittish fish.
Available in sizes 7wt to 10wt, and in three densities: floating, intermediate, and sink 7.
- Front loops: Front (tip section) loops are included on floating and intermediate lines. Sink 7 does not include a front loop.
- Tip & Front Taper: Moderate front taper for casting smaller to moderately large and heavy flies.
- Belly: The mid length belly is long enough for mid to longer length casts, but short enough to be easily manageable.
- Rear Taper: The short rear taper helps generate maximum line speed and helps with easy loading for quick casts.
- Running line: Floating line: features a floating running line. Intermediate: Features an intermediate running line. Sink 6: features a sinking running line.